FAMILY STUDY PROGRAM
Parents participate in AEP Core, which allows their children to study at any K-12 public school in the U.S. free of charge.
GEI makes all logistical arrangements so both parents and their children can seamlessly travel to the United States to further their education. FSP helps bridge cultural and linguistic differences so families can enjoy the most rewarding experience.
FSP Program Advantages
- FSP makes the best American public school education available to children to develop well rounded, globally conscious, critically thinking students.
- FSP creates unique learning opportunities for both parents and children as they immerse themselves in cultural and linguistic experiences. Families can rely on each other to minimize the effect of change in lifestyle, educational modals, and cultural environment.
- FSP enables parents and children to share international educational experience so parents can support, guide, and nurture their children, unlike study-abroad or exchange programs where children travel away from their family.
Best Public School Systems
The area’s elementary and secondary public school systems are routinely ranked among the best in the nation. The region boasts 5% of the nation’s top ranked public schools.
One area high school is the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics, which, compared to similar institutions, sends the highest percentage of its graduates to the Ivy League’s Princeton University. Other respected public high schools include Carrboro High School, East Chapel Hill High School, and Chapel Hill High School. A. B. Combs Leadership Magnet Elementary School, twice ranked the nation’s top magnet school, is among the many outstanding elementary schools. North Carolina is also home to many well-known private colleges and universities, including Duke University, Elon College, Wake Forest University, Meredith College and others.
- Complete the application for the Family Study Program
- Participate in interview and language test at GEI site in home country
Parents must submit the following materials:
- Resume or CV
- Certificate or diploma for highest educational attainment
- Financial Statement
- Personal Statement
- Child/Children’s school transcript(s) which must show 80% GPA in Science/English subjects
Monday thru Friday
|Each term lasts 9 weeks|
Families may apply for any of the five dates when classes commence.
- October 14, 2019
- January 13, 2020
- March 23, 2020
- May 25, 2020
- Parent Tuition: $18600/year
- Student Tuition: $0/year
- Program Management Fee: $2000/year (Includes school application, housing arrangements and other logistical costs)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What age or grade level of children can participate?
Students from preschool to high school are able to participate in this program with their parents.
2. Can participants choose where and how to live?
Families may choose the location and type of housing/homestay they prefer.
3. Can families choose the school they wish for their children to attend?
Yes. Families may decide which schools they would like for their children to attend.
4. Will children receive a diploma or graduation certificate?
Yes. Children can receive a diploma if they finish high school during the duration of the program.
5. Can students live with their parents?
Yes. Learning together and sharing the experience is an important part of the FSP.
6. Can families travel back and forth to their home country during their study period in the U.S.?
Yes. GEI encourages participants to travel during official school breaks—either back to their home country or use the time to see more of the U.S. However, travelling should not exceed more than four months per year due to Visa restrictions.