Building Educational Success Together (BEST)
- GEI provides a transitional period for students to get acclimated to the U.S. and improve their English, as well as opportunities to research, visit, and select the most appropriate college.
- GEI prepares students for admission to the university or college of their choosing, unlike prep schools affiliated with just one specific school.
- GEI’s programs help students excel on TOEFL or IELTS exams.
- GEI’s university partners consider completion of the AEP program evidence of English proficiency and waive exam requirements.
- Advanced students may take university credit courses at partner universities for exposure to the rigors of university-level work while earning fully transferable credits.
- Program duration is customized for each student; some may finish the program in less than a year.
- Many university partners waive the need to provide high school transcript upon completion of AEP Core.
- University partners may offer academic scholarships to outstanding students.
BEST Curriculum and Instructors
- GEI’s English Learning Institute delivers a CEA accredited English program recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Curriculum designed by professors from top American universities.
- Instructors use Inquiry Based Learning (IBM) methods and provide interactive classroom experiences that inspire students to take an active role in the learning process.
- All instructors have Master of Arts in TESOL or Applied Linguistics and significant English teaching experience.
- GEI is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, adjacent to the University of North Carolina campus voted to be one of the most beautiful campuses in the U.S.
- GEI’s campus is adjacent to Research Triangle Park (RTP), the largest and best-respected research, development, and technology park in the United States. RTP is nicknamed the “Silicon Valley of the East” and is home to more than 200 companies and 60,000 professionals, including Lenovo World headquarters and IBM headquarters.
- U.S. News & World Report Real Estate placed Raleigh & Durham #10 on its 2019 “Best Places to Live” rankings based on safety, cost of living, weather, job growth, and overall quality of life.
- This area encompasses vast green spaces, beautiful lakes and parks, and growing art and music scene.
- The area’s elementary and secondary public school systems are routinely ranked among the best in the nation.
- The region boasts 5% of the nation’s top ranked public schools.
- GEI is located near the following high-ranked universities:
Duke University – 2019 US News #8
Duke is a private university founded in 1838, consistently included among the best universities in the world by every major ranking: The New York Times reported Duke’s graduates are among the most sought-after and valued in the world; Reuters ranked Duke first for innovation; Forbes ranks Duke 11th in producing billionaires.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2019 US News #30
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, also known as UNC, or simply Carolina, is the oldest public university in the United States. UNC consistently ranks among the top five public research universities. U.S. News & World Report ranked UNC 5th among all public universities and ranked their undergraduate program 30th out of 4100 colleges and universities in the U.S.
North Carolina State University 2019 US News # 80
North Carolina State University (NCSU) is a public research university located in Raleigh, North Carolina. U.S. News & World Report ranks NC State’s Nuclear Engineering program 6th in the nation and its Biological & Agricultural Engineering program 10th. U.S. News & World Report also ranked NC State’s Veterinary program 3rd nationally.