Global Education Institute (GEI) was founded in 2004 to improve and enhance opportunities for educational, technological and cultural exchange between the United States and other nations. GEI acts as a liaison between leading American universities and top international companies, educational institutions and government entities.
GEI and its subsidiaries carry out a variety of educational programs, including:
- International first-year credit courses transferable to global universities and colleges
- Research-paper writing courses in cooperation leading universities to develop academic writing skills in international students
- Partnership in the world-renowned “Leader In Me” character/leadership education curriculum developed by Franklin Covey
- A bilingual English-Mandarin leadership magnet school in Shanghai, China providing a unique, academically challenging curriculum to foster global citizenship through a synergy of Chinese and Western educational philosophies and methodologies
- Pre-Master Programs (PMP) in partnership with top US colleges and universities
- High School Student Exchange programs for international students to study in American public schools (with J-1 Visa, sponsored by US State Department) and private schools (F-1 Visa)
- Study Abroad program for US high school students
- Teaching and Internship Program in US public schools for non-US high school teachers
- US Teaching Certificate Program for non-US high school teachers
- Summer/Winter Study for international high school students
- New Pedagogic Training Program for international high school teachers
- Leadership Training Program for international educators of all levels and for overseas education officials
- Placement for and assistance to overseas visiting scholars
- Opportunities for US faculty members to lecture abroad
GEI is headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina in the heart of the Research Triangle Park (RTP), allowing close partnership with local universities and local high-tech companies. GEI sponsors leadership training and cross-cultural exchange programs for the United State’s top technology personnel, professors and government officials and for outstanding international corporate leaders, allowing each to visit and experience life in the other country. GEI has helped over 2,500 foreign students, teachers and government officials visit and study in the US.
GEI’s RTP headquarters comprises over 14,000 sq. ft. of workspace. GEI maintains branch offices overseas to facilitate programs with local partners and assist visitors from the US.
GEI’s goal is to provide professional and diligent efforts to promote productive communication and cooperation between educational partners in the United States and abroad.