The curriculum for the WPU business degrees combines the standard fare of business courses with the unique perspective of how to do business on a global scale. Students choose a concentration with their degree in Global Business, Marketing, Leadership and Management Studies, and new to our campus – the WPU Sport Management program.
WPU Sport Management students will have opportunities for internships and careers with pro- and semi-pro teams (locally the Hurricanes, the Durham Bulls, and the Carolina RailHawks), public and private recreational facilities (parks and recreation, golf and tennis clubs, etc.), high schools and intercollegiate athletics.
And while the opportunities at WPU are big, our classes are small. Students receive individual attention the direction and confidence to become leaders in among the most talented people in the world. Graduates have gone onto meaningful careers in marketing, accounting, management, economics, accounting and finance.
|Liberal Education Curriculum||49 Credit Hours|
|Business Administration Core Courses||39 Credit Hours|
|Concentration||12 Credit Hours|
|General Electives||20 Credit Hours|
120 Credit Hours
Students will be able to select from one of the three minor fields below:
- Business Administration
- Leadership Management Studies
Business majors learn how to formulate the policies and direct the operations of corporations, nonprofit institutions and government agencies. General business manager’s plans, organize, direct, control and coordinate the operations of an organization and its major departments or programs.
General managers and top executives hold more than three million jobs in the U.S.
Business majors learn to problem solve and develop interpersonal and organizational skills. Peace graduates go on to various careers in areas such as credit analysis, payroll, real estate, financial analysis and account management.
Recent employment of business majors:
- Operations Analyst, Credit Suisse
- Education/Training Advisor, Global Knowledge
- Staffing Coordinator, IBM
- Financial Sales Representative, Western & Southern Financial Group
- Marketing Assistant, North Carolina Department of Commerce: Division of Tourism
- Loan Officer, State Employees Credit Union
- Relationship Banker, BB&T
- Human Resources Assistant, International Bank of Commerce
- Billing Administrator, Verizon Inc.
- Disability Examiner, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
To know more about Business Administration, please click here.
To know more about WPU academic field of study, please click here.
Apply WPU Bachelor of Business Administration Program, please click here.